When you're traveling, either alone or with your family, you want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Unfortunately, anyone who regularly travels knows that unexpected problems can always crop up along the way, from severe weather shutting down your airport to medical emergencies. Travel insurance can help you deal with these kinds of problems. Below are just some of the reasons you should consider purchasing travel insurance for your next trip.
- Should a severe storm, pilot's strike or terrorist attack make it impossible for you to catch your flight to wherever you're going, airlines will often refuse to refund the price of your ticket. Travel insurance can replace the money you spent for your ticket so you can make other arrangements.
- If the airline accidentally loses your luggage, it can make for both a frustrating trip and return home. With travel insurance, you can quickly replace your assets without having to pay out-of-pocket.
- A high percentage of travelers (either within the United States or abroad) are injured or develop an illness while traveling. Unfortunately, most health insurance policies will not cover treatment abroad. But if you have travel insurance with medical coverage, you can get the proper medical care wherever you are.
- In difficult economic times, even major airlines and cruise companies can go bankrupt. Having travel insurance can protect you from paying for a trip that you will never get to take.
- Travel insurance also protects you if you experience economic hardship. If you lose a job and have to put off the big trip you've been planning, travel insurance can refund you the price of the airline ticket and any other travel-related expenditures.
Is your trip covered? Call ECI Insurance Agency at (405) 373-2977 for more information on Oklahoma travel insurance.