As a business owner, you have a range of opportunities to reduce costs through proactive efforts on your part. One of the most critical steps you can take is to work closely with an independent agent who will devote the time to fully understand your business needs and risks. The process is similar to working with an accountant who knows where to find deductions you wouldn’t necessarily think of on your own.
A local independent agent like us will fully get to know your business and perhaps visit your facility, if appropriate, to learn how you operate. Your agent may identify several additional ways to cut corners on your insurance bill while still getting the highest quality coverage and maintaining an optimal risk management program.
For example, you may be able to get discounts by improving your company’s overall safety and security and remaining claims-free. Some of the ways you can do so include the following:
- Develop a worker safety training program
- Install security cameras and a building security system
- Install a fire sprinkler system and make sure you have accessible, functioning fire extinguishers
- Strengthen your company firewall against cyber-crime
- Reduce risk in your daily operations through safety inspections
- Improve fraud awareness; hire a forensic accountant to train your senior staff on what to watch for
- Reduce your business liability through safe materials handling, a driver safety program and other safety measures that reduce the likelihood of claims
Some of the measures you take to reduce your commercial insurance costs may require an investment in the short term that will yield discounts and savings in the long run. Your agent can help you to assess which safety and security measures make the most sense for your organization and will yield the best outcomes.
To get the most affordable business insurance for your company, contact us today for Oklahoma City commercial insurance discounts. Because we work with multiple insurance companies, you will have several options and can choose the best coverage for your company at the rate that fits your budget. We will also be able to combine all of your business coverage in one package, so you have one contact for all of your commercial insurance needs. (Source: TrustedChoice.com)