THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2013
Everyone knows that auto insurance protects them if they are involved in an accident. The insurance company will often pay to have your car repaired and some other minor costs that come along with the accident. However, did you know that there are often other things that insurance will pay to have repaired or to simply assist you when you need it. If you are like most insured drivers, you more than likely had no idea that insurance companies would do anything, but fix your car when it’s damaged. There are five major things that most drivers could have coverage by their insurance companies, but don’t because they simply do not know that the option is available.
- Roadside Assistance – Most drivers do not know if their insurance policy covers roadside assistance. Many companies have included the assistance option in many policies without the insured even knowing about it. You can call the company to find out if the assistance is already offered or if you can pay a few extra dollars to have the option available to you. Some of the companies allow your car to be towed up to 100 miles, have gas brought to you if you run out, and even have someone come and change your tire for you, if needed.
- Windshield Replaced for Free – There are many insurance companies that will allow you to get a free windshield replacement every few years. When you call to talk to the representative about the replacement option, it is important that you find out exactly which repair shop is covered by the policy and which type of windshield. This will allow you to be assured that there are no surprise charges left for you to pay after the replacement has been done.
- Locksmith Fees – Many insurance companies cover the costs associated with a locksmith unlocking your car. Most companies do not publicize this fact, but you can talk to your local agent to find out exactly how much is eligible for coverage. It can be rather expensive to have a locksmith get you into your car, depending on the locking mechanism that your car has. Knowing that it is covered by insurance may give you peace of mind.
- Car Painting – If your car has been keyed or vandalized, you can have your car repainted and have your insurance company pay for it. Most people think that they have to pay to have their car painted out of their own pocket. You simply have to take the car to an authorized facility and the insurance company will cover the costs.
- Stolen Items – If items are stolen out of your car, your insurance company will often pay to replace them. You need to provide information such as CD titles, makes and models of electronic equipment, and any information that you can provide about times and dates when the items were stolen.
Give us a call at 405-373-2977 for more information on how your Oklahoma City auto insurance policy can help you.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.